WebNMS SNMP Utilities offers a comprehensive development toolkit for SNMP-based network management applications. These tools can be used for device, element, application, and system management. The tools can communicate and interact with any SNMP-enabled device. Also it is very helpful for debugging and testing. The SNMP Utilities has a simple and intuitive graphic user interface that allows you to perform various functions in a mouse-click.
WebNMS SNMP Utilities provides off-the-shelf components for trap and table handling along with basic SNMP operations, such as SNMP GET, SNMP GETNEXT, SNMP GETBULK, and SNMP SET.
These tools can be used to manage SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, and SNMPv3 agents (i.e. the tools are multi-lingual) and talk to managed devices using any of the three versions of the SNMP protocols at the same time. WebNMS SNMP Utilities completely supports SNMPv3, as it is compliant with RFC 3411, 3412, 3413, 3414, and 3415. It also supports co-existence, notification filtering, and proxy forwarding; thus confirming to the RFC 2573 and 2576.
The following tools can communicate and interact with any SNMP-enabled device.
* MibBrowser - used to view and operate on data available through a SNMP agent on a managed device.
* SNMP Decoder - used to view the decoded output of the debug information.
* Trap Viewer - used to parse and view the received traps.
* Proxy Forwarder Configuration tool - tool for configuring USM user tables and VACM entries for SNMPv3 agent.
* WebServer and SAS Server - facilitates the use of SNMP management applets.
* Proxy Forwarder - used to translate SNMPv3 request for SNMPv1 and v2c agents.
* i18NEditor - used for internationalization.
MibBrowser and TrapViewer are available both as applications and applets. While the applications can be used as standalone executables, the applets can be remotely accessed via a web browser with the Java plug-in in any Java enabled web browser.